As mentioned in last post about document conversion into view-able format problem in IBM Content Navigator 3.0.6. Clearly described, you have to revert it back to ICN 3.0.5.x version because according to ibm filenet compatibility matrix report it does not support IBM Case Manager 22.214.171.124 version yet.
Now, ICN fix pack 126.96.36.199 has been released which supports IBM Case Manager 188.8.131.52 fp. But problem persisting and users are unable to preview documents in any of desktop including ICN and ICM.
According to software compatibility report, new release of ICM fix pack 184.108.40.206.4 also supports ICN 220.127.116.11 and preview bug is resolved in this release for Case Manager.
One more way around that is given in fix pack readme file that:
Document thumbnails or previewOn AIX platform Case Package preview may not function as expected. The following steps can be used as a work around.
Add the following line to the “DocServices.properties.default” file. This file is located at <AppServerDir>/installedApps/<node>/navigator.ear/navigator.war/WEB-INF/DocServices.properties.default
Restart the application server.
I’ve also tried above steps but no luck and still unable to generate thumbnails of documents in any of ICN desktop.
First way to sort out this problem is described here step by step:
- Download the icnviewing.jar file first. You can get this file inside the navigator extracted package.
- Delete old icnviewing.jar file from deployed navigator path (Don’t rename original one just move to somewhere else location).
- Copy downloaded file to deployed navigator step 2.
- Also copy icnviewing.jar file to navigator deployed path (
- Stop ICN JVM WAS, clear WAS cache, and start ICN JVM WAS again.
- Try to preview document again in ibm icm desktop again. Problem will be solved, if not post your comment please.
There is also second way around to use snowbound viewer and perform following steps:
- Download SnowboundLicense.jar file if you have their license.
- Extract files of SnowboundLicense-20.0.0.jar files into WAS where navigator is deployed as described:
Note: Please amend above path according to your deployment.
- Copy SnowboundLicense.jar:
- Restart WAS JVM Where ICN is deployed.
- Open any if IBM Content navigator or IBM Case Manager desktop and try to preview document. Now when you click on document, thumbnail preview will be generated. Secondly, when you will click on preview option by right clicking of any document, preview will be shown properly as described here:
Same problem occurred when i applied IBM ICN 3.0.6 IF 003 as well. Performed the above steps accordingly:
- Copy icnviewing.jar file to /opt/WAS9/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv02/installedApps/ICMServerNode02Cell/navigator.ear/navigator.war/WEB-INF/classes/ directory.
- Restart WAS.
- Try to preview documents again, hope so issue will be gone.